The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Old Studio Treatment
Old 2 weeks ago
Old Studio Treatment

I've seen dumber questions on here that may as well be in the sticky category. So here goes! What type of effect did lead paint have on the "Treatment" of Old Studios, such as Abbey Road Studios, and many others, back in the day. And if that paint has been stripped or covered over, and changed the Sonics/Treatment/EMI, as apposed to yesteryear? I'm guessing it had to have an effect that could not be recaptured. Maybe someone will come out with a Lead Paint Plugin.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Northward mentions leaded paint in old studios here and s wave mentions everything from acoustical paint to helicopter paint to blackboard paint and more here.

No, it's not a can of worms; it's a can of paint you're opening!
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
Northward mentions leaded paint in old studios here and s wave mentions everything from acoustical paint to helicopter paint to blackboard paint and more here.

No, it's not a can of worms; it's a can of paint you're opening!
I'd watched a video some time back, where Wave's, I believe. Went to Abbey Road Studios and simulated all the rooms, reverb. But that could be a difference of Vintage vs Reissue.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear