The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is there a minimum effective width for BAD panels? And when do I need the inverse?
Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

Is there a minimum effective width for BAD panels? And when do I need the inverse?

Would like to retrofit some absorption panels in my live room with BAD diffusors. Panels are 2" thick 703, 24" wide 96" tall (61cm x 244cm). Wasn't sure if 24" wide is too narrow, and not sure how many inverses or different patterns I need. There will be a total of 9 panels that I'm retrofitting in a room that's 26' long, 18' wide, 12' ceilings (8m,5.5m,3.6m). The panels will be hanging on the long walls - some of them directly across from each other, some of them staggered.

I've found some templates in this forum, but most of them look 48"x48", mirrored down the center. I wasn't sure if I could chop that template down the middle and stack it to create a template 24"x96". there will be a total of 9 panels that I'm retrofitting in a room that's 26' long, 18' wide, 12' ceilings. The panels will be hanging on the long walls - some of them directly across from each other, some of them staggered.

Planning on 12mm holes based on my research.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear