The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
GIK acoustics 242 vs 244 for ceiling
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

GIK acoustics 242 vs 244 for ceiling

Hi everyone,

I can't decide which one would be better for first reflection absorbtion, flying over the mix position on the ceiling. 242 or 244 from GIK? Thinking of two panels side by side to cover 120x120 area.

The room is 3m x 3.6m x 2.4m (width,length,height)

What do you think?
Old 1 week ago
Those dimensions would place the 0-0-1 mode at 71.5 Hz. The 242 won't do much there, the 244 with Range Limiter might be better but a Monster Bass Trap with Range Limiter may be even better.
Old 1 week ago
SRS
Lives for gear

Build your own out of OC 703/705. That way you are in acoustical control for your specific space.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

At first reflections, you want to absorb the widest spectrum of frequency (to avoid created an unbalanced experience) and this can only be achieved by using thicker solutions.

The 242 does not absorb much bass and is designed for restaurant/conference room to improve speech intelligibility. The 244 is better but I would suggest to go with the Monster trap. I also recommend an air gap of ~4" to further improve bass absorption. I do not recommend using a range limiter as you want to also absorb the high frequency at first reflections. BTW, the range limiter is great for corners.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear