The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Treating an asymetrical room
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Treating an asymetrical room

Hello there,

So far I have only been mixing on Headphones, I own a nice pair I'm really happy with (DT1990 Pro). But I felt like getting a pair of monitors (Focal Alpha 65s) to get a second point of reference when mixing and doing critical listening as well as composing on my Push controller without having Headphone cables dangling all around me.

I already applied Sonarworks DRC and the Balance of the sound has dramatically improved in my opinion, however, I'd like to further improve the sound by doing some acoustic treatment. My room has 5 walls, 200sqft and a 3.35m high ceiling and wooden floor.
I included a sketch of my room below with the exact measures of all walls and I did measurements with ERW, the files of which are attached below.

I'd love to hear some opinions on possible steps I could take to bring some more balance to this oddly shaped room.

have a good day

Tapedelayay
Attached Thumbnails
Treating an asymetrical room-20200623_135515.jpg   Treating an asymetrical room-20200623_135541.jpg   Treating an asymetrical room-20200623_135556.jpg   Treating an asymetrical room-20200623_135611.jpg   Treating an asymetrical room-20200623_135801.jpg  

Treating an asymetrical room-annotation-2020-06-23-140544.jpg   Treating an asymetrical room-freq.spl-speakerl_orange-r_green.jpg   Treating an asymetrical room-rt60_l.jpg   Treating an asymetrical room-rt60_r.jpg   Treating an asymetrical room-waterfall_l.jpg  

Treating an asymetrical room-waterfall_r.jpg   Treating an asymetrical room-sw.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mdat MeasurmentsLR.mdat (5.01 MB, 19 views) File Type: mdat SpeakerL.mdat (2.51 MB, 15 views) File Type: mdat SpeakerR.mdat (2.50 MB, 15 views)
Old 2 weeks ago
Four GIK Tri-Traps and eight or ten Monster Bass Traps with range limiter would be a good start.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear