The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bad vocal tracking in my "treated" room
Old 22nd June 2020
Here for the gear

Bad vocal tracking in my "treated" room

HI EVERYONE ,

I am not satisfied with vocal Tracking, it seems that I sing in a box and the voice seems as muffled. So if someone can refer me to a solution it would be great because this stiff turn me crazy.

So I take my shots via SM7B + fethead + mogami cable >> preamp "UA610" unison simulation in "APOLLO TWIN" in thunderbolt connection to my mac MBP 2012 SSD AND 16 GB of RAM.

I chose a spot in a corner where the bass is not very present.

as the acoustic treatment I impS VERY ortance I treated my room which is (3.4m X 3.3m X 2.7m) with DIY panels on the walls and ceiling "cloud". I put you below the acoustic measurements of the room.

My question is whether it comes from my sm7B (it would surprise me because with the rt nt1A it is the same), my apollo or my acoustics. (Besides, is a piece treated for mixing suitable for recording ???)

thank you in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Bad vocal tracking in my "treated" room-waterfall.jpg   Bad vocal tracking in my "treated" room-spl-phase.jpg   Bad vocal tracking in my "treated" room-filtred-ir.jpg   Bad vocal tracking in my "treated" room-rt60.jpg  
Old 22nd June 2020
Lives for gear

There are 2 modes that are not treated at 50 and ~125 Hz. There may be the ceiing mode creating the 70 Hz dip.
Old 22nd June 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by avare View Post
There are 2 modes that are not treated at . There may be the ceiing mode creating the 70 Hz dip.
yes indeed I installed diy basstrap to resolve 200 to 300hz but I do not know how to solve this problem in these 50 and ~125 Hz frequencies.
does this have an effect on my muffled voice ??
Old 22nd June 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by avare View Post
There are 2 modes that are not treated at 50 and ~125 Hz. There may be the ceiing mode creating the 70 Hz dip.
i just upload a sample of the muffled vocal.
Attached Files

test vox.mp3 (219.4 KB, 77 views)

📝 Reply