The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Strange room shape. Best Monitor placement?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Strange room shape. Best Monitor placement?

Hello all,

I'm in the process of home shopping and I'd like to get some input on this particular room for mixing/monitoring in. This room is on the 2nd floor of a house with vaulted ceiling. Measurements are approximate. The room is 10'x25' with vaulted ceilings on one side and a small window alcove on the other. I've attached a guestimate measurement layout and 3 pictures.

I will have full ability to do whatever I need to this room to get it into shape. I have 2 boxes of OC 703 ready for sound panels. I'm wondering what type of issue I'm going to run into with a room this shape. I've that it is best to put monitors against the shortest wall, but that it is also preferred to put them against vaulted ceilings when they are present. Doing both will not be possible in this case. Would love to hear some thoughts on a room this shape. How big of an uphill battle will taming bass and reflections be in a room like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Strange room shape. Best Monitor placement?-frontview.png   Strange room shape. Best Monitor placement?-door-view.png   Strange room shape. Best Monitor placement?-sideview.jpg   Strange room shape. Best Monitor placement?-screen-shot-2020-06-21-7.52.51-am.jpg  

Last edited by hazium; 2 weeks ago at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Measurement Changes
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear