The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?
Old 2 weeks ago
REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?

Hey guys, i made some REW measurements to my untreated room. Any suggestions for specific placement or treatment? Not quite sure how to translate the REW graphs.

Room is roughly 3.7m x 3.6m, x 3.4m high.

"L+R" = both speakers, center position
"L" = left speaker, center position
"R" = right speaker, center position
"L+R facing to the left" = both speakers, pointing towards left speaker.
"L+R facing to the right" = both speakers, pointing towards right speaker.

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be better

Please let me know if i should provide another graph
Attached Thumbnails
REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?-fig1.png   REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?-deskphoto.jpg   REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?-waterfall.jpg   REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?-average-spl.jpg   REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?-spl-lowend.jpg  

REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?-spl-fullrange.jpg   REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?-etc-l-r.jpg   REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?-rt60-topt.jpg   REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?-rt60-edt.jpg   REW measurements of cube room. Any suggestions?-decay.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: mdat Group of measurements.mdat (14.53 MB, 15 views)
Old 2 weeks ago
Something might be amiss in the measurement. There is excess group delay everywhere and its cyclical. This usually means some kind of feed back is in the system somewhere.

Also try to measure louder(the room noise is high) and limit the sweep 20hz-20,000khz.

The low end measurement is different from the left and right speaker. Are the walls made of different materials? Are the woofers ok? Preamplifier or monitor controller? You should investigate.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
Something might be amiss in the measurement. There is excess group delay everywhere and its cyclical. This usually means some kind of feed back is in the system somewhere.

Also try to measure louder(the room noise is high) and limit the sweep 20hz-20,000khz.

The low end measurement is different from the left and right speaker. Are the walls made of different materials? Are the woofers ok? Preamplifier or monitor controller? You should investigate.
The room noise could be explained by my computer, which is kinda loud.

As for the L-R mismatch, i can only assume it's because of the furniture layout. I have a bed behind me on my right

The speakers and interface is fine. The speakers are brand new, actually.

It might be the walls. On my right is the wall with the outside of the house on the otherside (bricks). The wall on my left has the hallway on the other side of it, and the insulating must be thin because it doesn't block much noise from outside
Old 2 weeks ago
Without having checked your .mdat, I would say, based on the spectrogram, that you need acoustic treatment.

Enjoy this amazing free advice.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear