The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
[SIGNAL PATH] Connect two control rooms to one recording booth
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

[SIGNAL PATH] Connect two control rooms to one recording booth

Hi everybody,

although this is my first post in the gearslutz universe, i have always been a very active reader.

My main question is: What is the common solution to connect a booth to two control rooms?

I am moving my studio for the third time now and everytime I do, it gets bigger and more complex. So now I am planning to have two control rooms with a recording booth in between. The booth will be mainly used for vocals, upright piano and maybe guitar amps.
Thinking about how to connect the booth to both control rooms, I'm running into the following problems:

How can I split the signal from the booth to the control rooms maintaining control over phantom power from both control rooms? Every splitter I found had a "through" and a "parallel" so only the "through" channel can supply phantom power, am I right?

Do regular splitters work in both directions? Of course there has to be Cue Signal sent into the booth.

I hope somebody can help me out here, really looking forward to your replies!!

Best,
Gregor
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Distances? Simultaneous or selective control room recording? Do your preamps go open or short or something in between when turned off?

My first thought is to just parallel the feeds. But there are many factors involved.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for your answer! Distances from control room to booth will be under 5 meters each. It will be a selective scenario, no need for both control rooms having access at the same time.

I think I don't completely understand what you mean regarding the preamps. Can you specify?

Again, thanks a lot!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear