The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acoustic Treatment for New Studio
Old 3 weeks ago
Acoustic Treatment for New Studio

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can give me a bit of advice on acoustic treatment for a new studio space?

I have attached photos of the space and have some DIY acoustic panels from my old studio to utilise (seen in last pic).

I have an idea of where placements of acoustic panels should be, however, if anyone who has any extra guidance on the specifics of the room (i.e. the sloped ceilings or interesting architecture in the left corner) I would be massively appreciative, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Acoustic Treatment for New Studio-img_2640.jpg   Acoustic Treatment for New Studio-img_5846.jpg   Acoustic Treatment for New Studio-img_2444.jpg   Acoustic Treatment for New Studio-img_1710.jpg   Acoustic Treatment for New Studio-img_1694.jpg  

Old 3 weeks ago
Anyone?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshay3000 View Post
I have an idea of where placements of acoustic panels should be, however, if anyone who has any extra guidance on the specifics of the room (i.e. the sloped ceilings or interesting architecture in the left corner) I would be massively appreciative, thanks.
First of all, is there a way to have symmetry in the room where you're sitting? I.e. left and right side of the line between you and the speakers being identical?

Then, get a measurement/omni microphone and measure a few spots.

As far as treatment is concerned, I'd do front wall to where you're sitting, floor to ceiling and ceiling, as well as the rear wall.

How deep and what materials depends on the measurements.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear