The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
YouTube Studio in a Tiny Home!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

YouTube Studio in a Tiny Home!

I am considering purchasing a tiny home (pictures attached) that will also double as my YouTube studio . The home will be 8x24, and the area that I plan to use as the studio will be 8x14 with a vaulted ceiling. (There will be a a 8x10 section behind me containing the kitchen and bathroom area).

Can you please provide suggestions on how I can treat this space optimally for audio? I am thinking that maybe broad range accoustical panels on the ceiling as well as on part of the walls may be best? Another tricky thing is that the wall across from where I will be speaking is mostly glass. Perhaps a thick drop-down curtain would work? Thanks for any thoughts!
Attached Thumbnails
YouTube Studio in a Tiny Home!-tiny-home-2.jpg   YouTube Studio in a Tiny Home!-tiny-home-1.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

With a home that tiny (it is about the size of my bedroom, and looks similar), I'd suggest just soundproofing the entire thing. It's so small, then your whole house is quiet.

Acoustical panels won't do much at all for soundproofing. To diagnose what you need, you need to find out at least broadly what kind of challenges you need to overcome. Is it echoing of your voice? Acoustical treatment. Minor noise from neighbors picking up on your microphones? Soundproofing by adding mass. Construction noise, traffic, or other major noise? Room within a room.

I don't like tiny houses, but I am proud of the people who free themselves from rent slavery. I hope thhat the tiny house is a stepping stone to at least a normal house.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear