The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Finally want to start treating my room need advice!!!
Old 9th June 2020
Here for the gear

Finally want to start treating my room need advice!!!

I want to build 8-10 pieces of panels 10 cm thick 120 H and 60 cm W.
I have 2 questions first is about fabric to cover them everybody mentions the air blow test.
From what I tried so far 100% polyester and cotton only very thin (and will be transparent material )passes the air through with not much resistance.
The question is how much resistance is ok ,if a bit of air comes out from the other side is ok or better to be almost all.

My 2nd question is about panel placement I saw a lot of studios have bass traps from floor to sealing ,others have it from the middle up ,and others only in the middle at speaker height.
My room is 4m x 3.5 m

Thanks for anyone who takes time to give me advice
Best regards Adam!!!
Old 9th June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_adam21 View Post
My 2nd question is about panel placement I saw a lot of studios have bass traps from floor to sealing ,others have it from the middle up ,and others only in the middle at speaker height.
Floor to ceiling. I don't like the speakers as flashlight anology, I think of them as spheres of sound that will quickly hit everything from the front of the room to where you're sitting so it's important you treat floor to ceiling.

You can see some of the side wall reflections you can get rid off by treating floor to ceiling here: Need help with next steps for 15 m² room

Apart from that, get an omni measurement microphone and measure your room first, you can find a lot of problems early.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear