The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Soundproofing room, flanking path
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Soundproofing room, flanking path

Hi GS users,

I'm in the process of soundproofing a room a in building. I have neighbors on top and botom floors, the house is old. For the moment I have added mass everywhere on the floor and ceiling (double drywall + green glue between joist), and I have sealed every gap etc. The new ceiling and floor is not done. As you can see on the picture there are weak points on flanking paths, I can't access those zones to put mass / wool to do a proper MAM system as I did everywhere. I have sealed with plaster + backer road and acoustical sealant but there is not enough isolation. Do you have any recommandation to achieve the same degree of isolation than others area ?

Notes:
1) The minerall wool is not show between pads but there will be one.
2) The partition wall on the left is around 12cm, 4cm drywall (finish) and 8 cm porous brick build around a wood frame (very old construction). On the right side this a structural wall build with brick (30 cm).
Attached Thumbnails
Soundproofing room, flanking path-gs_post.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Its not clear to me what your asking specifically, or how much isolation your looking to acheive.

The isolation is strong as the weakest link.

The main concern would be the floor. Unless it's designed professionally, which is likely to be a sort of floating slab, it is easy to waste money with little to no improvement.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear