The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Workstation and acoustic placement in 1 room apartment
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Workstation and acoustic placement in 1 room apartment

Hi guys.

I am currently living in a one room apartment, with no option to rent another place for a studio.
I want to organize the space as effecient as possible regarding the acoustics of the room.
The place of choice to work for me at the moment, doesn't seem to work out if i want somewhat symetrical sides.
Behind the speakers are 3 triangular basstraps (CM* 177 in height, 80 on front and 60 back) 3 broadbandabsorbers. Another basstrap has so farbeen randomly placed somewhere completely useless.
Also awaiting 6 other broadband absorbers and 3 esp diffusors.

I have a thought of a few options as to now.

1. Buy a thick curtain and use it to split the room and make a longitudinal part in the back with the sofa, where the bed is now. Diffusors above of the sofa, the studio is where it is now, but a basstrap is being placed in the "fictional" corners on each side of the sofa.

2. Sit in between the window and the door, to create symetrical sides, (maybe with a big curtain behind the speakers also) and diffusing the back with broadband aborbers on first reflection points on the sides, with a cloud.

I would really appreciate all kinds of help, i am willing to remove stuff.

Best regards
Jeki
Attached Thumbnails
Workstation and acoustic placement in 1 room apartment-86486602_776934692800268_96433796890492928_n.jpg   Workstation and acoustic placement in 1 room apartment-skaermbillede-2020-02-14-kl.-11.04.48.png  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

1. Symmetry. If you can be centred one of the short walls that will be best. If not, centre yourself on one of the long walls for 2nd best.

2. Monitor position. Have your monitors with their acoustic axis at ear level and have the monitors almost touching the wall. See Speaker placement methods and monitor placement.

3. Measure your room. Use a program such as REW to acoustically measure your room to see what it acoustic treatment it needs. See Measuring Room Acoustics.

4. Acoustic treatment. You will most likely find that you need to treat the 4 vertical corners, floor to ceiling, and the first reflection points (left, right, ceiling, rear wall).

5. Fit all your other furniture in where you have space. Curtains will only absorb the highest of frequencies, because they are so thin. Don't count on curtains being part of your acoustic treatment, they are just decoration.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search