The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Next step? Problems at 45hz
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Next step? Problems at 45hz

Wondering if I need to keep going with acoustic treatment. Room is 13ftx13ftx13ft, with the last wall (left side) being an odd one. I currently have 4in bass traps in both corners in front of the listening position, a 2x4ft panel on each side of the listening position, and a cloud over the listening position. Rugs on all of the floors. I do have a window in front of the listening position and on the wall to the right. I plan on treating the windows asap. The biggest problem from what I can tell from the graphs is ~45hz and ~90hz. I have some odd dips at 105hz, 130hz, and 160hz as well.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! I think I got the scales right for the graphs, but let me know if I screwed it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Next step? Problems at 45hz-spl-full-scale.jpg   Next step? Problems at 45hz-spl-smoothed.jpg   Next step? Problems at 45hz-waterfall-full-scale.jpg   Next step? Problems at 45hz-waterfall.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
That really looks like a lot of modes around 45 Hz. Probably the 1-0-0 and the 0-1-0 mode at the same time. You'll need a lot of treatment to attack that. You could also try tuned absorbers on side, rear and front walls. Keep in mind you'll need a lot of those as well.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pint07 View Post
Room is 13ftx13ftx13ft ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard View Post
That really looks like a lot of modes around 45 Hz. Probably the 1-0-0 and the 0-1-0 mode at the same time.
Bingo!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

For such a unsuitable room size (identical lenght, width, height) the measurement is not that bad.
You need thicker treatment or other pressure based absorbers in the corners at first.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search