The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does your body have an influence on room measurements?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Does your body have an influence on room measurements?

If I'm using some noise and a real-time analysis tool to position speakers, does my physical body have an influence on the measurements as I move around the room? Should I return to the listening position to get an accurate reading, or can I freely move without my useless meat prison influencing anything?

Feels like a dumb question, but this is all physics isnt it? So it must have *some* influence. It's just if that influence is worth worrying about. Any thoughts?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I would say that it depends on what you measure.
If very LF, it will diffract around you : you are small compared to the wavelength. If it is to measure HF, you get the idea.

So for trying SBIR response in the low-end by moving and measuring, your get a pretty good idea, but double check after with a proper measurement. To check if L & R are balanced in the mids & highs, better to get of the room in the beginning.
Old 2 weeks ago
REW lets you start measurements after let's say 10 seconds. I always leave the room.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search