The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Allocutions and admonishments brought me here
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Allocutions and admonishments brought me here

In the high end forum’s $10,000 Mike budget thread I was told I need to properly treat my room or I’m wasting my money. Granted, this makes complete sense. So I went onto YouTube and looked up do it yourself acoustic paneling, etc. Of course, I came across someone who brought up some interesting points about the health dangers with fiberglass and man-made materials for insulation that are also used for acoustic control. I know this has been discussed to the point of ad nauseam in the past. What are the contemporary conventions in the safest acoustic treatment department for DIY’ers? Why do I feel this post will get zero answers or acerbic ones?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by neve1064 View Post
Why do I feel this post will get zero answers or acerbic ones?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

There's videos on youtube about the earth being on the back of a giant space turtle too. Do your research in legitimate places, and fact check people. Wear appropriate PPE when handling/cutting any materials and you should be safe. Also, theres tons of misinformation floating around as to what constitutes "proper treatment" as well. Familiarize yourself with the acoustic treatment reference guides and process for measuring room acoustics at the top of this forum and go from there. Best of luck to you on your journey into acoustics!

The Comparative Safety of Rockwool, Fiberglass, and Organic Fibers (a review)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search