The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The best way to run audio cables in new construction
Old 6th February 2020
The best way to run audio cables in new construction

Hi- hope you’re all gettin time to create great music these days!!
I have been researching how best to run a dozen audio cables, some midi and a 16 ch snake AGAINST THE BASEMENT WALLS ON THE DIRT SIDE. Should I float them on the earth side off the blocks or on the Isolated room side (floated off the stud I think?)

I am not sure what’s best, can’t seem to find a Consensus in books or on web so any help or guidance is greatly appreciated as always.

I want to avoid putting these in a pvc pipe or some kind of conduit, is that Necessary btw or can these cables hang freely?

Much Much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
The best way to run audio cables in new construction-811923e8-00b8-4f88-9cd8-4a1746fc794e.jpg  
Old 6th February 2020
Lives for gear

It would be helpful to make just one thread about your build for the sake of organization and not having to type the same answer twice.

I stated some merits to running your cables thru conduit and some basic things to do when doing so, in your other thread about the audio snake.

Conduit is not necessary but is useful.
Old 16th February 2020
oh ok sorry thought I was supposed to ask separate questions in separate threads my bad - thanks much !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search