The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slanted room treatment
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Room treatment (slanted ceiling)

Absolute acoustics noob here. I've made kindergarten level picture, but you get the idea.

The grey surfaces are slants. Red things are absorbers. Does the placement make sense and are absorbers on slopes actually useful? Basstraps in corners are always good idea, right?
Listening position alternatively could be on shorter wall next to doors, no other options. Floor is 100% carpet so I guess that's good.

Please halp

https://imgur.com/a/GBqDejS

Last edited by 9000k; 2 weeks ago at 11:03 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Can you establish some form of symmetry in your room? Doesn't look like it...

Three absorbers won't do much.

Measure different positions with REW and post the results here. We'll take a look at it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Yup, symmetry is impossible here I don't have any mic, so no REW either. This room isn't the best acoustic wise, I know. My goal is to make listening position bearable. I'm sure some absorbers would help, question is where to put them

Last edited by 9000k; 2 weeks ago at 11:05 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9000k View Post
Yup, symmetry is impossible here
Do you have another room you could use?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard View Post
Do you have another room you could use?
It has to be this one

Is mirror method good to find reflection spots in this case and does it apply to the wall behind me (slanted one) as well? Also, are absorbers on the wall right behind monitors a good idea?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
It has to be this one
Oof.

Quote:
Is mirror method good to find reflection spots in this case and does it apply to the wall behind me (slanted one) as well? Also, are absorbers on the wall right behind monitors a good idea?
In your case, the only thing you can do realistically is to make the room disappear with as much trapping as possible. Everything except the floor. Then, create a structure in the trapping that's as symmetric as possible.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Well, this isn't exactly heartwarming... The plan was to do some light treatment, I cannot transform this room into anechoic chamber, need to live there :D But I get it, this case is a harder one, thanks.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Well, this isn't exactly heartwarming... The plan was to do some light treatment, I cannot transform this room into anechoic chamber, need to live there :D But I get it, this case is a harder one, thanks.
Measure it in a few spots. Maybe you're lucky and the structure lets bass through?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search