The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Flooring my studio
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Flooring my studio

So for the past three years i've been dealing with a badly acoustically treated home studio. I have a 12x12x9 room with tiled floors. I'm looking into fixing up the studio but i'm on a budget. I can't afford to remove the flooring to put in hardwood but I need to do something before I put in my new acoustic treatment.

I was looking at carpeting for the studio because I figure it would help a bit or getting a giant rug. My dad suggested to look into laminate or vinyl flooring but I feel like that wouldn't make a huge difference.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Carpet would be bad, tile is great flooring for a home studio
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

If you're not planning on treating the room then yes carpet will be better than tile. It stops there though. If you treat the critical areas in the room a hard reflective floor will be best. Concrete, tile, hard wood, laminate, all better than carpet. It's not helpful to eliminate only HF reflections from an entire room surface. HF gets attenuated more than enough as it is with proper broadband absorption treatment of the room.
Old 3 weeks ago

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search