The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acoustic treatment on angled room
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Acoustic treatment on angled room

So I'm planning on starting building my own home studio. The room I have available is kinda large, but is not rectangular and have a 10 degrees offset. I want to record and mix/master in this room, but i didnt find any information about acoustic treatment in angled rooms, so I want to know what are the best options for me. Also, the ceiling has a pattern of archs, and it's build of bricks, making it an irregular surfac. This, somehow, helps with the acoustics?
I attach a plan of the room (no exact measurements) and a photo of the ceiling (280cm of height).
This is my first post, tho!
Attached Thumbnails
Acoustic treatment on angled room-room.png   Acoustic treatment on angled room-whatsapp-image-2020-01-24-16.20.48.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Do you work professionally?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Nope. I'm just starting to take recording, mixing/mastering and producing more seriously, and, eventually, do it professionally. But I want to start as good as possible.
Old 3 weeks ago
The locations of the door(s) in your room aren't drawn in. Length-wise I would say you have enough space. Width-wise not so much.

If you want to do it professionally, you'll probably be wasting money trying to make rooms like this work without a professional room in a room build.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

The blue line represents a window, the brown lines represent doors, the little cube is a bathroom. I know the room it's kinda weird shaped, but it's the only room I have available and I want to make the best out of it. Do the angles interfiere that much? Also, width is 3.55 meters, the drawing is not that accurate.
Attached Thumbnails
Acoustic treatment on angled room-room.png  
Old 3 weeks ago
The pros in here will probably tell you how much you of your room you'll have to sacrifice if you give them more infos -- where do you live, how much isolation do you need...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search