The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which density Knauf ECOSE Batts for 24" bass trap wall
Old 4 weeks ago
Which density Knauf ECOSE Batts for 24" bass trap wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbrown View Post
After reading many posts, everyone seems to suggest less density insulation in deep bass traps. I am making 28 to 30" deep bass traps going from floor to ceiling and i just need to know what density of insulation should i fill it with?
There is Glass wool (seems to be similar to north american "pink fluffy stuff" which goes from 10 kg/m3 to 32 kg/m3 Thickness: 25 mm to 200 mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avare View Post
The lightest you can get.

Andre
Ready to build my 24" bass trap wall, and think I'm going to go with the Knauf ECOSE batts. I'm curious which R- value will give the best results.

In a previous post, Avare suggested "as light as possible" for a 30" trap. I'm assuming the same goes for my wall, or should it be a little denser since it's technically a little less thick?

The porous absorber calculator suggests that a GFR number below 3 kPa.s/m^2 or so starts to yield diminishing returns in terms of response. Just want to make sure I'm making the best choice. Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahler007 View Post
Ready to build my 24" bass trap wall, and think I'm going to go with the Knauf ECOSE batts. I'm curious which R- value will give the best results.

In a previous post, Avare suggested "as light as possible" for a 30" trap. I'm assuming the same goes for my wall, or should it be a little denser since it's technically a little less thick?

The porous absorber calculator suggests that a GFR number below 3 kPa.s/m^2 or so starts to yield diminishing returns in terms of response. Just want to make sure I'm making the best choice. Thanks!
R value is irrelevant. Over 9" you want to use the lightest, least dense insulation availabe. Typical batts, like the ones i believe you are refering to, have a gfr around 5,000.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Foi View Post
R value is irrelevant. Over 9" you want to use the lightest, least dense insulation availabe. Typical batts, like the ones i believe you are refering to, have a gfr around 5,000.
+1.
Old 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the info!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search