The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How much bass trap is enough?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

How much bass trap is enough?

Hi all.

Due to room size, I am struggling a bit with my desk having to be placed fairly close to the short end of my room. The rest of the room is working out well in terms of reflections and bass, but there is a tad more 'boom' happening than I want under the desk.

I have my sub placed directly behind me, which is working out well given how the room is furnished and where my treatment is. I always knew I needed to do something about the booming under the desk, so it is no surprise to me.

Should I go with a couple of corner bass traps underneath the (wide) table in the part of the space, or should I even go with corner traps between the floor and wall to try and get rid of as much as possible?

Cheers!

(Also, this is my first post here despite having stalked the place for 10-15 years. I think that says a lot about how many good answers can be found here! So thanks all for that!)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Would be easier to give advice if you can upload a diagram of the room. Small rooms tend to need lots of bass traps, but you can also do a lot by optimising the positioning of speakers and listener etc.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks. I hadn't read up that much about room modes and the impact on treatment. I've gone the long road of trial and error before. I was prepared for my next question being what kind of bass trap, but I will do some more work before that and also use some of the calculators.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search