The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mixing room with "rocky" unflat walls
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Mixing room with "rocky" unflat walls

Hello! I was out looking for a new studio room today because ours is getting torn down later this year. We found an amazing complex with a room that got us excited but it has some weird properties. The front wall and parts of the side walls are "dungeon walls", rocky and unflat. This is mainly an issue with the front wall, and less on the sides. (I have attached pictures)
Will this create big problems or is it manageable?

The back wall is all plexiglass, can this be a problem? (out to the corridor outside)
Although we will cover this wall with closeable curtains.

From what I can see on the pictures, (didn't notice it there) the ceiling is slightly curved at the front and back end of the room, so not flat all the way, can this mess things up?

I will be able to build tri corner panels in all the corners. I will be able to place panels on both side walls, and front wall if necessary. I am thinking that I can hang panels from the ceiling against the plexiglass too if needed.

My goal is of course to achieve as good as a room I can get, but within the limits of the room. I am just wandering if there are big warning signs here that makes the room a big no no, or if you can make something of it, although not perfect of course

Thank you very much for your time!
Attached Thumbnails
Mixing room with "rocky" unflat walls-83395162_546983749229560_5505110606941782016_n.jpg  

Last edited by pettah93; 4 weeks ago at 02:06 PM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search