The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What's next? New control room design, room modes
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
What's next? New control room design, room modes

Hello! I'm happy with the results so far but I have no clue on how to treat the remaining problems. I would love any suggestion and thought.

My First reflection points are covered (6" with a 4" air gap side walls; 6" with a 10" air gap), superchunks in the back corners and two 4" panels one behind the lcd screen for high freq bouncing off of it and one pretty randomly hung...

The next step is for sure adding more bass trapping but I don't know which type should I buy (or build, I'd like to keep the same design), because My front corners are kinda off limits. Maybe wall/ceiling corners?

I'll attach the latest rew measurement I took this morning if you want to take a llok: what I can tell (I have little to no experience) but I see strong room modes at 50 Hz, 60 Hz and 110 Hz right? And the T60 is a little bit too high for a control room, I should aim at 200 ms across the spectrum.. Looks like from the impulse that almost all major peaks over -20db has been absorbed, apart from a peak around 5,4 ms that corresponds to 1,89 meters, but i couldn't identify where is bouncing off..

Attached Files
File Type: mdat 1901.mdat (6.70 MB, 10 views)
Old 4 weeks ago
No expert here, but I'd try moving around what you have, and making a measurement of each experiment. Documenting each thing you try, leaving the measurement mic untouched at the listening position, is paramount to getting accurate data.

In particular, try moving your bass traps to the front and see what happens.

I spent 5 days doing this when I built my initial treatment (12 of 2" rigid fiber panels with 2" spacers), and the treatment ended up being most helpful in places I never would have expected.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo King View Post
No expert here, but I'd try moving around what you have, and making a measurement of each experiment. Documenting each thing you try, leaving the measurement mic untouched at the listening position, is paramount to getting accurate data.

In particular, try moving your bass traps to the front and see what happens.

I spent 5 days doing this when I built my initial treatment (12 of 2" rigid fiber panels with 2" spacers), and the treatment ended up being most helpful in places I never would have expected.
I would love to do that but I can’t drill holes everywhere and these ceiling cloud I would like to mount again to the roof.
The bass traps I can’t move, I build them with the frame on the wall...
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Anybody else would like to give me some advices?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search