The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Would the Yamaha HS8 be an overkill for my room?
Old 17th January 2020
Here for the gear

Would the Yamaha HS8 be an overkill for my room?

So I'm planning on getting some new speakers when I finish treating my room and I'm kind of inbetween the Yamaha HS7 and HS8, it would be great to have the HS8 but I'm not sure if they would work in my room. Also another problem would be that the stands will be very close to the wall, would placing bass traps and acoustic panels behind the speakers work?. The dimensions are 2.5m X 5.5m X 2.5m(W, D, H) or 8.2ft X 18ft X 8.2ft. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences and advice, thanks in advance!
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Its better to go with larger drivers that can reproduce the needed spl. I would actually recommend getting a pair of subs to go with them if you can swing it. Its also best to have your speakers as close as possible to the front wall to help with SBIR.
Read through the following threads for more info

Why do you need a BIG Studio Monitors even in the small Control Rooms?

Add a sub instead of even more bass trapping to even out freq response?
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

There are folks on Gearslutz that say that HS7 is better for mixing and HS8 is better for listening while others say the HS8 is better than the HS7 for all applications. Beyond the purely technical data about them it becomes a personal decision based on how monitors sound in your studio.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search