The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
APPROX 9 x 11 first room treatment options/ideas.
Old 17th January 2020
Here for the gear

APPROX 9 x 11 first room treatment options/ideas.

Looking to begin treatment on my home studio setup. There are some pictures of the room shape attached.

I've sent an email and contacted GIK, but I want to get as many opinons as possible especially when it comes to doing things in a more cost effective manner. I'm in BC Canada for reference.

Room dimensions are:
107" x 135" x 96" tall
8'11 x 11'3 x 8' tall
2.72 x 3.429m x 2.43m tall

My first instinct is to have my set up (KRK rokit 6 + 10s sub) under the window, and then treat the first reflection points as a starting point. My worry about bass traps is that I always see them in corners and might have trouble with the door being in the corner.

Was also hoping to put a rug in the middle of the room (hardwood) and a couch on the back wall. ( the door closest to the middle of the room is for the closet, the one closest to the corner is the entry. I dont mind covering up the closet with treatment if it will make a dramatic difference.)

Also probably worth noting is that the window wall and wall to the right of the window (looking from the center of the room) are outside (insulated) walls. while the other two walls i believe are single sheet drywall and uninsulated.

any help is appreciated. I've done a small amount of research and plan to do more as I go, I'm not asking you to solve all my problems, maybe just suggest some ideas that I haven't thought of, or tell me why the path I'm on is wrong or if its even worth it.

any help is much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
APPROX 9 x 11 first room treatment options/ideas.-3d-.jpg   APPROX 9 x 11 first room treatment options/ideas.-3d1.jpg   APPROX 9 x 11 first room treatment options/ideas.-3d2.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
You should be able to squeeze in a few Monster Bass Traps with Range Limiters and a few Tri-Traps. According to Amroc, it might be better to get the Soffit Traps instead.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search