The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Brick or Soft Soffit advice. ATC Monitors.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Brick or Soft Soffit advice. ATC Monitors.

every few years update my setup. think the time is arriving soon.. Ive been toying with the idea to flush/soffit my ATC monitors..

I have a unique opportunity to simply soffit them in brick or concrete.

The rear wall in my studio is 2 large windows we bricked up. Behind it is just a trash area.

I was thinking to reopen the windows and build a brick or cinder block extension and have the monitors sit in the cavity..

[SEE PICS BELOW]

The question:

Do you think I should wrap them in a few feet of brick or build something soft to absorb the waves?

any input welcome. not in a rush to do this.

My room:

My room is 20' Long and 15' wide and 14' High. which I always wanted more length ideally. So this might be a good solution.

The rear of the studio is a 4 foot deep absorber (r30 pink) so its Perry well controlled..

Floating floor 1 foot deep.
Attached Thumbnails
Brick or Soft Soffit advice. ATC Monitors.-img_6004.jpg   Brick or Soft Soffit advice. ATC Monitors.-img_6003.jpg   Brick or Soft Soffit advice. ATC Monitors.-img_3608.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search