The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bass 'pressure' after ceiling treatment
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Bass 'pressure' after ceiling treatment

I've put 240x120cm cloud, thickness 200cm+200cm air gap Caruso Iso-Bond WLG45 between listening position and monitors. These panels are around 3000 Pa*s/m².

My room is 420x300cm. Height 270cm. I have around 25 more panels around (100cm thickness), some are 5000 Pa*s/m² and two are 10000 Pa*s/m². Corners, side reflections and bit of walls behind covered.

Nothing else on the ceiling behind.

Speakers are Dynaudio BM6A MKI, 20cm from the front wall directed to 300cm wall.

After putting this cloud, everything gets tighter, more focused but there's this very intense bass making some kind of pressure in my ears. And I am not sure what happened to mids, I have a feeling they got sucked in somewhere. When I move speakers closer to the front wall there is a bit less pressure but I think still too much.

Sorry, don't have any other measuring tools, hope someone could tell what/why could this be?

Thanks.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

No one?

I have a feeling I need to use more rigid absorbers on ceiling. This fluffy stuff is making sound too soft and therefore bass sounds bloated. Does that make any sense?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by szmola View Post
No one?

I have a feeling I need to use more rigid absorbers on ceiling. This fluffy stuff is making sound too soft and therefore bass sounds bloated. Does that make any sense?
You really need to measure this to give any advice a fair chance

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search