The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is this acoustic treatment?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Is this acoustic treatment?

I'm sitting here in class and it is so boring I wonder if those holes are acoustic treatment?
Attached Thumbnails
Is this acoustic treatment?-20191120_160656.jpg   Is this acoustic treatment?-20191120_161254.jpg   Is this acoustic treatment?-20191120_161332.jpg   Is this acoustic treatment?-20191120_160632.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I'm no expert, but I highly doubt it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Yes, could be. Or venting holes for airco. Seems you can learn something in class!
Lol, that 90 degrees turned foto made me think your school has a clock on the ceiling, like: 'wake up, class ends'..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmann View Post
Yes, could be. Or venting holes for airco. Seems you can learn something in class!
Lol, that 90 degrees turned foto made me think your school has a clock on the ceiling, like: 'wake up, class ends'..
Lol it was so boring... they were just showing types of cancer all the time
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanWalk View Post
Lol it was so boring... they were just showing types of cancer all the time
I would find the subject terrifying.

I’d be curious enough about what you saw to ask the tech or maintenance staff at that building what the holes are for.
The fact that the holes match the vertical dimension of the ducting on the adjacent wall makes me wonder if it is for airflow, but it might be anything... decoration or ‘60s sound tile. But in every room where I’ve seen that perforated acoustic tile, it isn’t limited to part of a surface. It is much more extensive.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search