The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is it worth treating my weird rental bedroom at all?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Is it worth treating my weird rental bedroom at all?

I rent a condo from a very generous landlord who I don't think would have too much of a problem with acoustic panelling and such. The problem is my weird-ass room shape and the lack of flexibility therein: images

Approx. room dimensions are 10x17", including where the door juts out in the wall. My desk is a re-purposed door that's bolted into the wall for support, so I can't move it. Soundproofing doesn't appear to be too big a problem in my building (I usually only hear things from upstairs), but I usually opt for headphones over my Reveal 502 speakers (and when I do use them I keep them on the quiet side). I make mostly trance and EDM.

So what's my best and most cost-effective option? Corner bass traps? Calibration software like Sonarworks? Mixing everything in my cans (DT 990 Pro)? Nearly every other studio setup I've seen seems more ideal than my weird corner.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I assume your measurements are not inches but feet. What is the height of your room? If you can post pictures or a floor plan of your room with doors, windows and furniture it would help define your problems.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search