The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Resources for Constructing Large Scale Rehearsal Studio
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Resources for Constructing Large Scale Rehearsal Studio

Hey there!

First time posting in GearSlutz. Just stumbled across the forum in some research on a new project I've started: which is the construction of a large-scale live rehearsal room a la Rock Lititz, Soundcheck, or SIR.

I suppose this is not entirely the most appropriate place to post in search of this info, but it's my hope.

I'm in the process of acquiring an old building which we'll be retrofitting into an office space with an adjoining rehearsal space. The space for the rehearsal room is large -- 60 x 40 -- and I've to properly fit it out with a great trim / fly and sound system for bands to come in to rehearse.

I know there are plenty of studio designers here, but is there anyone who has done a fitting of a rehearsal space like this? If so, would love to talk to you.

Are there any threads you've found helpful in larger scale designs? If so, I'd love to read them.

Thanks, and looking forward to contributing to GearSlutz moving forward.

Luke Pierce
@ wlukepierce on Twitter
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Welcome to the forum! There is great similarities to studios. The floor area is almost identical to the world's most famous studio.

For starters what is the ceiling height and sound isolation requirements?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search