The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Home Studio disposition with small room (w/ planimetry)
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Home Studio disposition with small room (w/ planimetry)

Hi everyone! New one here. (also excuse me for my english 'cause I'm a spaghetti eater): So, I'm an Audio Engineering student, and it's time for me to turn my room into a """decent"""" home studio; I have bought some decent stuff for now, at least for me (Focal Alpha 65, Grado SR60, SPL Crimson, various **** to produce with), but I need to assemble my work area, and I really have no clue, so I decided to use one of the few skills that my high school diploma as surveyor left me to drew my room and ask clues to you guys:

- 1st Pic, how it is now

- 2nd Pic, how I would change it

So, I was thinking about removing my closet and putting the desk with monitors and pc where the closet was (like in the 2nd picture), so I would have the long side of my room parallel to me, and more space behind. My Basses and Bass amp would go where my desk was. Is this a good idea? Is there a better disposition for my room?
Also, I need to buy acoustic panels, but like I said above, I don't know where to start: which ones, how many, where to put them etc.. I have read some things online but they were all a bit too generic, so I don't know.. Can you help me? (or just appreciate the planimetry of my room, I can accept that too)

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Home Studio disposition with small room (w/ planimetry)-piantina-stanza-new.jpg   Home Studio disposition with small room (w/ planimetry)-piantina-stanza.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search