The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio Equipment and Player Space Question (Pics)
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Studio Equipment and Player Space Question (Pics)

TLDR: where should my gear, especially monitors, be placed in relation to the room.

ExpectationsHello everyone. I’m building a home studio that I eventually would like to shoot Live Video sessions in. We’ve done some recordings and they sound good, but I have everything broken down and I am looking for opinions on where the musicians should be places in relation to the room / drums. I’ll post a couple pictures of the room below.

RoomThe ceilings are 10ft tall. The walls are drywall with solid poured concrete behind them. The flooring is a wood finish tile. The space is roughly 18” long 16” wide and 10” tall

GearThe gear is using is an x32rack mixer, recording multitrack to SDHC. Bass amp is Ampeg PF-500 x 15, guitar amp is a Blues Jr. I’m currently using QSCK12 speakers as playback monitors and as a monitor for the vocals (working on IEM).
Attached Thumbnails
Studio Equipment and Player Space Question (Pics)-a1e2ab01-fcd7-42e5-b7de-d61410aa1c09.jpg   Studio Equipment and Player Space Question (Pics)-770d0d64-706c-4100-93e3-3f77835d6bab.jpg   Studio Equipment and Player Space Question (Pics)-654a0fa6-ea5f-46ed-a7bd-de1bba15c7aa.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search