The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio Designers List
Old 1 week ago

Studio Designers List

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing Acoustics Engineering Companies, Studio Designers and Consultants.

A series of issues were also reported to moderators by users regarding certain individuals on the forum selling "studio design services" on the grey or black market, not delivering said services or only partially and ghosting the client, who lost their funds.

After discussing it with other forum moderators, it was agreed to create such a list within certain conditions:

- a locked thread that will be updated regularly by moderators,

- only professionals with registered companies, a website, verified contact informations and clientèle will be featured on the list.

This list will hopefully provide users with better visibility as to which companies and consultants are legitimate and help avoid grey market activities on the forum.

However, Gearslutz cannot take any responsibility for the information provided, and does not endorse the content of said list.

If you wish to be featured on the list or want to request a certain company/designer/consultant be listed, please PM me. A first version of the list will be posted in a couple of weeks.

Thank you.
Old 5 hours ago
The more info the better. But, I'd definitely like to see what the designer's philosophy is on "small" rooms. The more I research this the more I realize they truly require a different approach from traditional acoustic spaces.

This approach seems to fall into three categories:
  • A ton of broadband trapping, followed by targeting the remaining problem frequencies with tuned devices and perhaps additional diffusion. In other words, similar to what one would do in a larger room, but more of it. From what I gather, the results can range from very good to not bad but what did you expect in such a small room?
  • Very specialized designs i.e. MyRoom and others. These seem to provide "better" results but may cost more to implement and take up more space.
  • Those, like yourself, who set a minimum dimension and choose not to deal with smaller rooms. Which is great, because I'd rather not go down that road with someone if they're not comfortable with the job. Especially when they don't tell me...

I think it's important because, lets face it, the vast majority of people who come to this forum for advice are working with rooms on the smaller end of the spectrum.

This self deprecating point from DanDan a while back was telling:
Quote:
Many of us would like to know which would be the most effective way to approach small room treatment. Many are currently going with the 'safe bet' broadband approach. Perhaps that is just uncertainty, laziness even, fueled with lots of anecdotal successes using BB.
And maybe there's a thread on this somewhere in the ancient past, but it seems there should be a set of realistic expectations, based on room dimensions and budget, known by both parties before proceeding. Things like Noise Criteria, Room Response, RT60, IDTG, etc. that may be X but will never be Y -- and is that OK?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search