The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Advice for a vocal booth
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Advice for a vocal booth

Hey guys,

I want to build a vocal booth and have some questions about the acoustics as i have never delved into this territory.

Let me start by saying,that i would much prefer to treat the room,but that is out of the question, as i am renting the place. So the booth seems the best option right now. I experimented with recording under a duvet, but it sounded horrible, muddy, and with too much low end.

Materials:

Stone Wool or Acoustic foam?

I will build the frames from wood, but i am not sure,which material to use for the treatment and how much of it. I am afraid the recordings will have an excessive amount of low frequencies if i overdo it, or it will sound "dead".

Size?

The panels will be 2 x 2m height and 1 meter width and the other 2 -
2m height and 2 meters width.

So my questions are-

1.Which material should i use- Stone wool or acoustic foam?
2.How much surface should i cover ? All of it?
3.Is the size of the booth good for recording?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you have any other suggestions,that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Your best advice is to go to a studio that already has this. If you can not afford the cost of hiring out a studio for a few hours you certainly can not afford the cost to properly fix your room. It's a lot cheaper and cost effective to hire out a studio.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search