The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bass traps - Correct Material Netherlands?
Old 29th October 2019
Here for the gear

Bass traps - Correct Material Netherlands?

Hi all,

I plan to build a few DIY acoustic panels for my studio. I want to use rockwool/glasswool 1 m x 0.6 m panels with a total width of 15-20 cm.
The goal is to built broad band absorbers that go down to the low end as the room is currently still untreated.

I'm living in the Netherlands, and am thinking of material density of around 45 kg/m3.

I'm slightly overwhelmed by the options. There are many available at this store:
https://www.isolatiemateriaal.nl/pro...oaApxkEALw_wcB

I found a list of absorption coefficient for some materials, but they seem to have different names in different countries.

Could you help me and shed some light on this? Do you see an available option that would make sense for me?

I'm thankful for any recommendation.
Old 29th October 2019
Check this thread if your material is included. If yes, post the number: Common Gas Flow Resistivity numbers.
Old 29th October 2019
For 20 cm depth, you can use something with around 10000 Pa.s/m2 according to http://www.acousticmodelling.com/porous.php. Much more won't do much.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks Johann!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search