The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Solid Core Door (Fire Door) in Germany?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Solid Core Door (Fire Door) in Germany?

Hi guys,

I'm sure I'm just not searching for the right term but I can't seem to find solid core fire door blanks here in Germany?

In the UK they sell them in just about all the DIY stores (usually for around £50-£100) but I don't seem to see the equivalent in Bauhaus, OBI, Hornbach etc.

They have "honeycomb" styles (I guess that's what you call it?) and lots of steel doors but not just the solid layered, chipboard, laminated types?

Or am I missing something?

Cheers!

R.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I can see fire-resistant doors on Obi's web site for Slovakia, here, here, here and here. As it is a German company, I suspect Obi will also sell them in Germany but as I do not speak German and Google Translate is not helping me - I was shown hand files and garden gates. Translating from Slovak to German seems to be too difficult for Google. If you cannot find them in Obi or one of the other shops then perhaps you could ask at the shop's enquiries desk.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
I can see fire-resistant doors on Obi's web site for Slovakia, here, here, here and here. As it is a German company, I suspect Obi will also sell them in Germany but as I do not speak German and Google Translate is not helping me - I was shown hand files and garden gates. Translating from Slovak to German seems to be too difficult for Google. If you cannot find them in Obi or one of the other shops then perhaps you could ask at the shop's enquiries desk.
Thanks Starlight! Yes I've seen those (in Bauhaus, like OBI) but when I've gone to look at them they all seem to be of some composite, almost honeycomb, type construction. In the UK they just had stacks of these solid core door blanks and they don't seem to be the same?

But you're right I just need to go down and speak with someone. Unfortunately my German is nearly nonexistent (but getting better!) so was hoping for some useful terms to help me out.

Thanks for the reply!

R.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You can always just make one out of mdf. Check out the following tutorial for a vault style studio door.
https://www.bobgolds.com/PaulsDoor/home.htm
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Foi View Post
You can always just make one out of mdf. Check out the following tutorial for a vault style studio door.
https://www.bobgolds.com/PaulsDoor/home.htm
Thanks Jason! But sadly my DIY expertise is barely managing my traps/panels/gobos and this is next-level. I reckon I can handle up-rating doors but much more than that is just asking for trouble over here.

R.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search