The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Perfect Acoustic Hungary bass traps
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Perfect Acoustic Hungary bass traps

Recently I discovered this acoustic panel factory. Their products have a very good price and the absorption values seem incredible ... if they were true they would be the best in the market. The double membrane bass traps (wood or leather) according to the graphics of its website have spectacular performance. The company is in Hungary, has anyone tried or know their products?

https://perfect-acoustic.com/
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think I'd be inclined to take some of those claims with a grain of salt....

It's interesting that they don't seem to say how the graphs were produced, or which independent acoustic test laboratory did the measurements....

Also interesting to see a bass trap that has over-unity absorption from 150 Hz down to 40 Hz. I wonder which independent acoustic test laboratory is able to measure accurately down at 40 Hz? And how they would explain over-unity absorption for such a device...

The diffusers with angled faces and wells of varying dimensions (some square, some rectangular...) also look "interesting"... It would be fascinating to see the explanation of how those work. Especially considering the claim that the device "can treat the entire bandwidth without damaging the high frequencies" and also that "it diffuses the sound in the largest bandwidth while absorbing the bass". Sort of the Holy Grail of acoustics, then... a device less than 5" deep that treats the entire spectrum. Amazing! However, the lab test results for those seem to have fallen off the web site.... at least, I couldn't find them. The only link comes up as "404 not found".

On a totally unrelated topic, there's an old Latin phrase that I'm rather fond of: Caveat Emptor ...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Even the way this is worded is "interesting" looking at this-

https://perfect-acoustic.com/termek/bass-absorber/

With some sort of very low freq membrane absorber, the most useful thing they could provide is a case study. Here is a room (picture of room), here is before (decay time before), here is after (decay time after) and we used x amount of products placed like this (pic of placement).

We might be tempted to assume that is what is happening here. But when you read it, it simply says-

Here you can see a RT60 reverberation time with uneven sound transmission

and in what we might think is the after measurement-

If we would like to achieve such an even reverberation in our room then we must use membrane bass traps!

No indication that this is the same room, no pics or description of the room, no mention of how many of these products were required to reach that result, no measurements showing incremental improvements in decay time when adding these one by one and so on. Here is what is weird, if they did this test, before and after, and got this result, why would they not want to document it? Clearly they had everything they needed to show what the product does, and for some reason made the decision not to? Makes no sense...

My suspicion is that the 'membrane' here is the pleather itself, and this is a standard trap filled with fluffy insulation. Maybe not bad for that price, but you could probably find a local carpenter to knock out some frames, fill with fluffy and cover with pleather as well...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

An interesting update: Within less than an hour of posting my comment above yesterday, I had a couple of unusual new registrations on my own website, from people who claim to live in Poland and the Antarctic(!) .... but with IP addresses in Hungary! What a strange coincidence. I guess there's a huge need for recording studio treatment in Antarctica...

- Stuart -

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search