The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The lower the density fiberglass, the better for corner traps?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

The lower the density fiberglass, the better for corner traps?

Hey guys,

Sorry, reposting this in hopes of getting some thoughts before I put in a big order for some fiberglass rolls.

I've got some low ring down to about 40Hz that I was hoping to tame, as well as treat some nulls between 70 and 100Hz see attached waterfall graph. I was going to do this with superchunk bass traps. After playing around with the porous absorber calculator, it seems that the lower the density, the better for treatment down in the low frequencies.

I've also been advised that 5-6 kPa*s/m^2 is good for large thick traps (which I plan on making).

BUT.... for the stuff I have been able to find online in Japan, they can't seem to be able to give me the flow resistivity data. https://item.rakuten.co.jp/naisouzai...ass-wool-rool/.
So I don't actually know the data.

From looking through threads on here where many kind people post flow resistivity data of different products and materials, it seeeeems like 10kg/m^3 is the safest bet. It will be in the ballpark of around 5*6 kPa*s/m^3 and should be good for these corner traps.

Is there any reason it would better to go with a higher density? Or is there something else I'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails
The lower the density fiberglass, the better for corner traps?-screen-shot-2019-08-24-5.36.12-pm.png  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

The wool seems fine to me, adressing 40 Hz is a challenge.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Sorry, forgot to say thanks!

Wool showed up today.

Going to get to work utilizing it.

Cheers

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search