The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reflective surface left after placing first reflection panels and bass traps.
Old 13th October 2019
Reflective surface left after placing first reflection panels and bass traps.

Hi.

I’m moving my studio to a new location (which I’ll be renting for at least 2 years).

Room dimensions are 4mt x 4mt x 2,8mt (13,1 feet x 13,1 feet x 9,1 feet). I know, square and not big, it’s what I could get, can’t change that.

There will be lots of bass trapping, first reflections absorption, back wall diffusion and producers couch.

It will look “something” like this.

My question is, as the walls are hard concrete parallel surface, even with first reflections absorption, bass traps and back wall diffusion, I’ll have plenty of “bare wall” left.

My question is what would you recommend to do with it? Leave it like that to give the room a little more liveness? Stick some more rock wool panels? Foam panels just to absorb high frecuencies and avoid flutter echoes?

Thanks in advance!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Judging by your model, you are not planning on anywhere near enough treatment for that room. Diffusion doesnt make a lot of sense in there either. Start by measuring your room with REW
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Foi View Post
Start by measuring your room with REW
+1. Add absorption to reduce the reverb time to around 225 ms and then diffusors or diffractors to taste.

Enjoy!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search