The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Super Asymmetrical Room Treatment - Pls Halp
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Super Asymmetrical Room Treatment - Pls Halp

Hey All,

I've been working to figure this out for a while, but have hit a wall. It's a combo kitchen, living room, dining room. There is a television on the wall that I would like to airplay through, and I can't move it so the seating position is non-centered. About 10' across from it is a couch where I would be sitting. The dotted lines are open arches, and the ceilings are 11' tall. There are sliding glass doors on the back wall and side windows are floor-to-ceiling. I have VXT6s and initially placed them on the front wall; as you can imagine, the mix was subpar. My questions are:

-If I place my monitors closer to the couch, will that improve or hurt the acoustics? They will be closer to the listening position, but I don't know what the effect will be if they are farther from the front wall. The listening position is 12ft from the front wall
-Would treating the room with absorbers and diffusers do any good (especially if I can't make any permanent changes by mounting to the walls or ceiling)? Is there any way to use them to make up for the non-centered listening position between the two side walls?
-For those of you who have used sonarworks: how much would it be able to correct for? I’ve heard it works great in smaller rooms, but can’t find anything online about a room this size.

And anything else you can think of…

Appreciate any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Super Asymmetrical Room Treatment - Pls Halp-screen-shot-2019-09-20-10.14.20-pm.png  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search