The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Building Recording studio ? - complete size of place H:6m x W:8m x L:16m (need help)
Old 4 weeks ago
Building Recording studio ? - complete size of place H:6m x W:8m x L:16m (need help)

Hi Guys!

I finaly found a new place for building a new recording place. The place is in one piece - size: H:6m x W:8m x L:16m . I need to make walls between rooms & cielings. I want to have live room, control room, hanging room/rehearsal/jaming room by around 25m2 max. I want to have good sounding live room for recording drums with enough hight size to get big and clear drum sound, but not so big to start to sound thin. With options to have open or adding moving pannels (absorbing / reflecting) with some small treatment on ceiling as possible (except above drums - moving cloud up and down and some other must haves on few spots on ceiling). Something medium-large size... if I say H: 5m x W: 7m x L: 9,5m (louden ratio 1x1,4x1,9). I also check golden ratio formula but need to reduce the size of ceiling, because there is no left space for control room, vocal room & hanging room.

So here is my questions:
1.) How low can I go with ceiling to still have enough big room for drums (louden or golden ratio)?
2.) Is there some smaller better ratios to have less lenght of live room but still keep around 5m ceiling and good sounding room with not too much investing in absorbing treatment to solving some freq. issues?

3.) About control room, I can go low with ceiling and looking for something around 30m2-40m2. Is this enough to not have some big freq. problems (deeps/peaks)? I Don't want to spent money on tons of absorbing traps.

4.)How will you recommend placing rooms to fit this size of place and still make very good sounding live room and normal nice sounding control/mixing room?

Thanks to all ideas, help and to pointing me in the right direction.

and sorry for my bad english

best!
Old 4 weeks ago
Anyone?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by danchi View Post
3.) About control room, I can go low with ceiling and looking for something around 30m2-40m2. Is this enough to not have some big freq. problems (deeps/peaks)? I Don't want to spent money on tons of absorbing traps.
Do I get this right -- you want to build a studio but not spend much on acoustic treatment?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search