The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Oktava MK012 for measuments ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Oktava MK012 for measuments ?

Hello you all

A quick question before I start and try to fix my unfixable room (more on this a future thread): should I really invest in a (cheap) dedicated measurement mike or would my Oktava MK012 (with omni capsule) be enough ?

A bit of context: personal home studio, used for both tracking and mixing (indie rock & various electronic stuff), room is (of course) a case study in acoustical disasters so I only expect to try and make things "a bit less worse".

Already made a couple test measurements (with all the current setup still in place) with REW and the oktava, mostly to start learning how to do those things, and what I can "read" (I'm learning...) seems to correlate with things I can both empirically observe and compute with room mode calculators, so I assume it's not totally wrong, at least for the low end part (forgot to switch one of the speakers off so the upper end is very probably totally meaningless xD)

So - would my oktava be enough or would I really benefit from a cheap (ie behringer or similar) dedicated MM ? (and if yes, which one ?)

TIA
B.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Bingo ! Thanks Dino, will read this tonight

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search