The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Soffit Mounting Quested VH3208
Old 13th August 2019
Gear Head

Question Soffit Mounting Quested VH3208

Hi Guys

I have built a room where I'm flush mounting my Quested VH3208. The problem is there appears to be no switch to adapt the speakers for flush mount!

I understand that flush mounting MUST be compensated for by bypassing the baffle step compensation filter or adding some sort of decompensation low shelf filter to the equation.

The bass I would say sounds slightly boomy side and I don't believe room modes are to blame (they sound fine free standing).

Is there anyone else that has flush mounted these monitors and if so how are you compensating for the added low end ?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Soffit Mounting Quested VH3208-img_2165-e1562592904249-2880x1800.jpg  
Old 13th August 2019
Gear Addict

Try stuffing the reflex pipes with something like a roll of soks or a piece of cloth.
Old 13th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert stoltenborg View Post
Try stuffing the reflex pipes with something like a roll of soks or a piece of cloth.
+1

But if you don't want to throw away good socks, try using light insulation, such as the type you can buy in the hardware store for kitchen exactor hoods: roll it up and stuff it in the port.

(Or maybe Bert can send you some of his used socks! )

- Stuart -
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Uh, i saved my socks for my feet and instead used a -6db low shelf at the baffle step frequency.

4650/x=Fc
where x is the baffle width in inches
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I have a client with these speakers, a chipboard cabinet loaded with Vifa units.
I really wonder if these have something advanced like a baffle step compensation.
They are fairly large anyways.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search