The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Hows this for killing flutter?
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

Hows this for killing flutter?

It's low cost and lightweight. I'm not hanging heavy expensive QRDs and don't need that either, only need to kill the flutter. Don't want to have more absorption as it's dry enough here. Don't like the look of a lot of the cheaper prebuilt stuff either.

It says it's about 6mm from the shallowest to the highest points as it's from 7-13mm thick. Is that enough or should I go more pro?
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

What frequency range is the flutter echo problem? It's no use choosing treatment on how it looks, how much it weighs, or what it costs. Rather, it should be tuned to the deal with the problem. At only 7 to 13mm deep, it's not going to deal with mid-range flutter very well, for example, and what do anything at all for the low end.
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

Yeah I think it’s too shallow. Was just hoping when I saw it. Maybe I’ll just get RPG BAD Panel absorbers. I think it’s in the 1k and up range.

My option 2 is to build absorbers from and add slats. Really sick of building stuff after I finally got my room done tho.
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

These are the walls, over the keys, it’s about 3,75 meters between them.
Attached Thumbnails
Hows this for killing flutter?-c3e10ffc-0726-4af2-b384-9e7626d9db51.jpg   Hows this for killing flutter?-a6296d3c-ddc3-4d98-a3e8-f77e055469fa.jpg  
Old 10th August 2019
Do you dislike polystyrene diffusers?
Old 14th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard View Post
Do you dislike polystyrene diffusers?
I dislike the look, looks cheap and tacky to me. if I was going to have diffusers I’d want some wood. But that’s heavy and expensive.

Got a price quote for two large RPG BAD Panels at the thickness absorbing at Scroeder and up in my room and will go for those. Will sort of match my other traps in white.
Old 15th August 2019
Lives for gear
EPS diffusers can be paint (recommended) and the texture totally dissappears after couple of layers.

The advantage is you can get optimal shapes, hard to do with wood.

Optiffuser from Jens Eklund is an example.

Last edited by JayPee; 15th August 2019 at 03:54 PM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search