The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Just moved in! New Studio Build
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
You are right and I apologise; the London 12 kit is made using fibreglass, not foam.

However, have you looked at what you get? Not a single item is deeper than 2". Do not rush into making a wrong decision.
Primacoustic products are pretty high grade. Very good quality boards from my understanding as it is a high-density fiberglass panel which is better than anything available to me from the hardware store here. I'm also in the city core so not really anything close by.

I thought about going DIY but don't want to risk any sort of microfibres circulating in my space since it acts as my living space as well. Seeing as my studio apartment is quite small, have limited tools, and no proper space/time to house open bags of insulation...makes more sense to invest in Primacoustics. Will save me time and give me peace of mind.

Having said that, the two-inch panels can be spaced away from the wall to be more effective with their wall impalers which I plan on doing. Was told they are 30% more effective by doing this. Also, I could always build 6" frames for each of the panels at a later date if I need to get more absorption which I think would look pretty nice.

The London 12 with the addition of the max traps... I think it will be a solid sounding room with peace of mind.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I do not doubt the quality of the products Primacoustics manufactures, rather just the dimensions. See Treating a Small Room - Primacoustic London 8 for a discussion about the depth of Primacoustics' London products and the problem of bass trapping. It comes back to what Johann said after you measured your room:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard View Post
... you'll need a lot of treatment that works in the 70-80 Hz region.

Last edited by Starlight; 6 days ago at 04:38 PM.. Reason: Link
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
I do not doubt the quality of the products Primacoustics manufactures, rather just the dimensions. See Treating a Small Room - Primacoustic London 8 for a discussion about the depth of Primacoustics' London products and the problem of bass trapping. It comes back to what Johann said after you measured your room:
Link doesn't work....

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard View Post
/\ That's horrible but most naked rooms look like this. The "good" news is that your 55 Hz mode is "relatively" high up. The bad news is you'll need a lot of treatment that works in the 70-80 Hz region.
Which is where the maxtraps come in
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by recaro19 View Post
Link doesn't work....
Whoops! Treating a Small Room - Primacoustic London 8

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search