The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Isolation Transformer builds
Old 30th July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
I’ll reread my post but I don’t think I was trying to tell him how to do what he wanted to do, I think I was telling him what I did in my situation that worked.
@27 I was quoting speedskater who said, "Do NOT add other ground rods connected to other points!". I agree with that.
Old 30th July 2019
Lives for gear

Yes, you can add as many ground rods, ground wires, ground plates or Ufers as you like, but they all need to be connected together and then one connection to the AC system at the main breaker box.
Old 9th February 2020
Gear Maniac

OK older posts but....here's my situation.

I had an outside outlet box originally installed for a Pool which was left unused.
It's a 50 Amp 3 wire box mounted on the wall.

My Studio/Gym (50/50) is in a metal building about 60' from the house. I ran an appropriate heavy gauge underground 3 lead wire to the building and installed a Breaker Box.

I did run a heavy ground wire into the building from a 6' rod I rammed into the ground. The main house also has a grounding rod.

Will the ground coming from the house from the "pool" circuit be sufficient and should I remove the 2nd grounding rod from outside the studio?

Thanks.....
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

the building code in my suburb requires that that a breaker box in a detached structure have an additional grounding rod.
(it would have continuity back to the main building ground rods thru the Safety Ground wire)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search