The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bass traps behind the moitors?
Old 20th June 2019
Here for the gear

Bass traps behind the moitors?

Hello.

I have just gotten a Yamaha HS7 and I have them placed almost 6 inches away from the wall.

Do I place bass traps/absorption on the rear wall/ behind the monitors?

I have the room control set at -4 db so it sounds great but I was wondering if setting up some bass traps on the rear wall would make it sound even better.

Thank you.
Old 22nd June 2019
Gear Guru

You really would need to measure the room response to see if the monitor location is causing a problem relative to the front wall. If it is you may be able to just move the monitor closer/further to solve it. As far as the front wall goes you DO want to treat the front corners but generally only the front wall if a SBIR problem.
https://www.gikacoustics.com/speaker...response-sbir/
Old 22nd June 2019
Lives for gear
Best is to get your speakers as close as you can to your front wall. And treat your rear wall properly. Specially it's a small acoustic space.

Dimension, layout and measurements of your room would help us to help you
Old 23rd June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPee View Post
Best is to get your speakers as close as you can to your front wall. And treat your rear wall properly. Specially it's a small acoustic space.

Dimension, layout and measurements of your room would help us to help you
My room is 3.048 meter wide, 2.8956 meter long and 2.9718 high! Hope this helps btw now I have the speakers more than 12 inch away from the wall and does curtain help? Because I have curtains covering a vast part of my room. On the front wall, the curtain is taking up almost the whole place and to my right there is a vast part being covered by curtain as well. I think they are helping because I dont get echoes like empty rooms do in youtube videos.
Old 23rd June 2019
nms
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover_gol View Post
btw now I have the speakers more than 12 inch away from the wall
Why? Doing this will only cause the powerful LF bounce from the front wall to be delayed and further out of phase. Typically not a good idea.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search