The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Advice on a new 32 inch Monitor and monitorarm for desk
Old 20th June 2019
Gear Maniac
Advice on a new 32 inch Monitor and monitorarm for desk

Hi!

I have come to a point where my desk is cluttered af with effectpedals and synths and I need to be creative. I use every one of them a lot and dont really want to sell them/get rid of them. The only solution: Grabbing space in the heights. Atm I use a 27 inch monitor with 1920 x 1080 resolution. To grab space, the solution I had in mind is buying a single 32 inch monitor along with, preferably, at least, 2560 x 1440 resolution (QWHD). Because I want to place a TR-909 drumcomputer on te desk where the montor would normally be, I have very little space left to place it on my desk too. That is why I also intend to use a monitorarm to attach the monitor to. Is there anyone here who can advice me a good 32 inch monitor in combination with a 32 inch monitorarm which is accesible to a bureaudesk to use? Appreciate all the help!
Old 24th June 2019
Here for the gear

At 32 inches, I would have 1440p minimum, with 4k being more acceptable. At 27 inches, 4k will look nicer but 1440 will look great too. Going 1080 on 27 inches and higher will start looking progressively worse due to the lower pixel density. A monitor arm will be limited to how much weight it can hold. You can find them on the AmazonBasics category (on Amazon).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search