The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I need a Vocal Booth Makeover
Old 27th May 2019
Gear Head

I need a Vocal Booth Makeover

So i currently have my vocal booth setup with 6 inch bass traps with filled with rockwool. i have 2 on the back wall behind the mic and one on each opposing wall. My mic has a reflection filter on it.
( which does absolutely nothing ) and i have some foam hovered above like an idiot. The room size is 7x5.5x8. i want to say that this room can be used to cut some good vocals but im just looking at it all wrong. hopefully someone can see what i can't and help me out a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
I need a Vocal Booth Makeover-20190527_104325.jpg   I need a Vocal Booth Makeover-20190527_104330.jpg   I need a Vocal Booth Makeover-20190527_104335.jpg   I need a Vocal Booth Makeover-20190527_104340.jpg  
Old 6th June 2019
Gear Head

I guess I'll have to figure this one out on my own
Old 6th June 2019
maybe share some tracks you have recorded there or describe what it is that you don't like about the recording.

it's easy to speculate about things to change just by looking, but that information is useless without having more info from you.
Old 6th June 2019
Lives for gear

Just some general (not-very-professional! ) ideas:

-Replace the foam over head with maybe 4" thick traps like the ones you have on the walls. You can suspend them, leaving a 6 inch space between trap and ceiling.
-Get rid of the reflexion filter.
-Do you have anything on the rear wall? That should be trapped as well.
-The biggest issue with small rooms is bass build-up. If you have time/resources to do it, add corner traps, preferably corner "chunks".
My DIY SuperChunks Plus & Soffit Corner Traps (Pics)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search